I. Characteristics of lithographic UV printing
Generally speaking, the advantages of UV printing are as follows:
1. High color saturation and good color effect. Compared with traditional lithographic printing, lithographic UV printing can achieve a higher color effect, and for the printing materials with stricter color requirements, a more satisfactory result can be obtained.
2. High gloss and bright vision. With matting background color, we can obtain an exciting visual contrast, which is very helpful to strengthen the high quality image of the product (Tolliver, 1998).
3. Suitable for many kinds of printed materials with different physical and chemical properties, including paper, cardboard, plastic, Cyclo, PVC, PE... Paper and film. This feature can print more kinds of products than traditional lithographic printing, and has a broader market future.
4. Immediate drying at the same time of printing can greatly improve production efficiency (RadTech, 1998). Because there is no need to wait for the ink drying time, the production time can be greatly shortened. Printing companies can also save a lot of space for storing dry prints, which is helpful for cost savings.
5. Because of the drying immediately during printing, powder spraying is not necessary, and the quality problems caused by powder spraying can be avoided.
6. Because of the drying immediately during printing, it is not possible to change color within 48 hours as in traditional lithographic printing (Ehrlitzer, 1998).
7. The light resistance of printing is better.
8. The wear resistance of print is better.
9. Environmentally friendly (RadTech, 1998).
In addition to the above advantages, lithographic UV printing has no shortcomings? The answer is, of course, that it has some drawbacks:
1. The machine investment cost of lithographic UV printing is higher than that of traditional lithographic printing equipment, so investment decision-making needs to be more careful.
2. The market type of lithographic UV printing is wider and more dispersed than that of traditional lithographic printing. Therefore, if manufacturers want to invest in the development of this technology, they should first conduct market analysis and research, so as to avoid the risk of losing orders after investing in equipment.
3. Ink cost of lithographic UV printing is about 3-4 times that of traditional lithographic printing, and material cost is high. Production management technology, process technology and cost control in printing production need to be more rigorous, otherwise the proportion of cost loss will be higher than that of traditional lithography.
4. 印墨储存区需进行较严格的温度控制，需保持在20℃以下，仓储成本较高（HostmannSteinberg ,1992）。
4. Printing ink storage area needs strict temperature control, which needs to be kept below 20 C. The storage cost is high (Hostmann Steinberg, 1992).
5. If ultraviolet radiation leaks out, it will have a health impact on people.
6. Lithographic UV printing is not as popular as traditional lithographic printing. Manpower supply that is familiar with operation technology depends on its own training.
If you have the need of Jinan album printing, you can click on our official website for consultation: http://www.